Today the Google Summer of Code 2012 officially kicked off and with that also my work on the Bluez project. After a few weeks of “community bonding” (which for me mostly was about fighting my way through Bluetooth specs), I finally wrote my first lines of code for the “Bluetooth Replayer”.
I have attached my initial proposal to this post to give everyone a better idea what my project is all about. Although I already know a few things I will do differently. Especially after I took a closer look at the hcidump sources which already come with many of the things I originally planned to implement myself.